Life is kind of shit right now, in some ways.
But in other ways, it completely absolutely amazingly is not shit. It is golden.
And I think this is where we live most of the time -- some horrible stuff, some fabulous stuff, and a whole bunch of it-depends-on-when-you-ask-me stuff.
So, here's the snapshot. I'm a 34 year old mother who is about to finish grad school and kick off what promises to be a grand and thrilling (or, possibly, unassuming and richly rewarding) career helping people. I believe a lot of things, and a lot of these change regularly, and that's kind of a kick for me so I'm gonna keep doing it. But. Big but. (I like big buts...sorry.) BUT...there are a few beliefs that absolutely do not change in my life. They are my moorings and my sails and my sunset. In no particular order, they are as follows:
1. Jesus loves me.
2. My daughter is the most magnificent person with whom I have ever, or will ever, have the honor to be associated.
3. Knowing someone and being known by someone and knowing myself in a new way because of someone -- all together -- these experiences are perhaps the closest to heaven we'll get this side of...well, you know.
4. Jesus loves everyone. Everyone.
5. I often cheat myself and others out of the full experience of any of these truths.
6. I'm working on that.
Also, I'm kind of into ideas. That doesn't really make the list because it's kind of just this random thing, but I can't get over it, and I can't get over it when people like to talk about ideas with me. So here's another list, and this time, a short (and by no means comprehensive) list of ideas I'll be discussing:
1. Sexuality, gender, gender roles, et al.
4. Tragedy and comedy as life themes.
5. Politics. Ugh. Maybe...it's just such an intriguing system. TBD on that one.
6. Dichotomy and dissonance in general.
Oh, and I'm not sure when I'll start. I graduate in December, after all, and so life is kind of nutso right now. But I thought it'd be nice to go ahead and set this place up while the juices are flowing (see also: toddler in bed and I've gotten a decent amount of rest the last couple days so I am not also sacked out), just in case I want to wander back and get the party started.